Optimizing Content for Search Engines:
The most important part of any content marketing strategy is high-quality written pieces that are relevant to the target audience and help them solve their problems (and make buying decisions). The best way to make sure people can find these articles is by optimizing them for search engines.
1. Remember that Google is always changing the rules, so you need to know what they are. Google’s Webmaster Blog is a good place to monitor these changes and keep up with the best practices for the search engine. It’s also important to pay attention to case studies around new release updates for popular SEO tools like the Yoast Plugin.
2. Keep your user in mind, not just Google. Don’t focus on fulfilling the requirements of search engines at the expense of providing valuable content to your audience. SEO optimization helps you reach more people and it will become a natural part of writing as your skills improve.
3. Have proper keywords in your content, but don’t go overboard. Make sure you’re writing naturally and not forcing it. Include keywords in the title and throughout the article while staying on topic.
4. Research to find out what phrases your target audience is searching for and then use those keywords and keyphrases at least once (preferably three times) in your content.
5. When it comes to keywords and key phrases, this is not a “one and done” strategy. You need to stay on top of the trends and monitor how words and phrases are searched for over time as the economy changes and business trends change with it. It’s important to do your research and find terms that are both relevant to your business and help bring qualified leads to your site.
6. Users are searching for what you have to offer, make sure it’s easy for them to find on search engines. Optimize the title of each page or post by using keywords early in the title tag. These are the words that show up on search engine results pages, so they need to be relevant. Also, use targeted keywords in the description of your site/page that Google displays below the title tag for each page on your website.
7. Don’t forget about image tags! Title=”the name of your file” is not good enough. You should have ‘alt text’ that describes the image for search engines.
8. Make sure your content is easily digestible for users who are using mobile devices—and not just smartphones, but tablets as well. An increasing number of people are accessing social media and other online resources through these devices, so make it easy for them to stay informed and find new content on your site.
9. Keep in mind that Google crawls the web, but it indexes what it finds based on relevancy to users’ search queries. You need to make sure you are writing helpful content that people will want to read. If you provide this, they’ll come back to your site and find you through search results.
10. URLs should be SEO-friendly as well. It’s a good idea to use keywords in the filenames of images, videos, and documents as well as your URLs if possible. This helps with relevancy as people will search for those keywords rather than the traditional www.domain.com/keyword/.
11. You should make sure you know how to use the Yoast Plugin, and your content needs to include targeted keywords and key phrases for it to gain traction with social media users.
12. Utilize Social Media sites like Facebook, Twitter, or Linkedin to share your content with your audience. An effective method of performing social media outreach is to use targeted keywords in posts that you share with followers on these sites.
13. Don’t forget about long-tail keyphrases which are phrases containing three or more words related to your product, service, or industry. By using long-tail phrases, you can get more qualified leads for your business than traditional “head” key phrases which, although they are still important to use, will not bring as much traffic to your site.
14. Make sure you have backlinks on authoritative sites like Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, or Entrepreneur Magazine. This is the only way to get your content ranked on search engines.
15. Now that you’ve written your content, it’s time to publish! Don’t sit on good content for too long or it won’t build any momentum. You can test different publishing times throughout the week to see which gets the best results in terms of optimal lead generation.
16. Make sure all of your pages and posts are easily found by visitors when they’re on your site. It’s a good idea to link all relevant pages together using the keywords that users would typically use to search for what you offer.
17. A popular SEO tactic is to only focus on one product, service, or industry per site. Once you’ve written good content about one thing, begin working on another site to avoid “information monopolies.”
18. It’s also a good idea to link internally to related pages on your website as it boosts relevancy and gives Google bots more information about the topics they’re crawling. One of the best ways to do this is with a blog as it sets up a natural architecture for your website.
19. Your site will have broken links from time to time, so make sure they are fixed as soon as possible or they can cause problems for your SEO efforts. You should also build an XML sitemap using WordPress plug-ins like Yoast as this lists all of the pages on your site which the search engine can crawl.
20. A mistake a lot of people make is only using an image file once. If you want to use an image more than once, then upload it to a new folder or rename it by changing “large” to something like “smalllogo.png.” You should also upload images to other sites like Flickr and Google+ to generate backlinks for your pages.
21. And finally, don’t forget about existing customers when you’re trying to boost SEO efforts. People who have already purchased from your business will be more inclined to buy again if they are directed to relevant content that they may have missed the first time around.
22. Make your website’s tags, meta description, and title as relevant to your users as possible. This makes it more likely for people will visit your site through search results if they find you that way instead of being recommended by a friend or on a forum.
23. A simple but effective idea is to have a keyword in the title of all of your articles because this is what search engine users see first when they find you via a Google search. Try to be specific, and it’s best to target one keyphrase per article.
24. Don’t forget about your title tag! It’s important to have your target keywords in the title of your web pages so that Google knows what they are about. This gives you a better chance of having your page appear for search terms related to the content on these pages.
25. It’s also vital to include some keywords within your meta description as this increases the number of times your site is picked up as a search result. The trick here though is to write it in such a way that it makes users want to click on your website!
26. Do you know that most people only read the first and last sentences of articles before they decide whether or not they’re going to keep reading? Use an engaging hook at the beginning of your articles to draw people in and make sure that you’re giving them good content at the end.
27. People are much less likely to convert into customers if they don’t understand what your business offers, so make your website as clear as possible. Having a strong description on all of your pages will make it much easier for you to convert visitors into customers.
28. Make your website as easy to use as possible by using descriptive headings throughout the site and trying to put important information above the fold. By doing this, it reduces the amount of time that people spend on individual pages which increases their bounce rate, which in turn gives you a lower rank in Google.
29. Try to avoid using generic page titles as it doesn’t give people much to go on and also makes your page look like it’s been cannibalized from another website (which can lead to de-indexing by search engines). You could either try putting the brand name into the title or target a keyword that you want to rank for using an automated tool.
30. Social media can be a great way of getting more traffic to your website, so it’s worth keeping on top of your social media strategy and replying to comments regularly. To make this easier, automate as much of the process as possible by using a social media tool like Hootsuite.
31. It’s very important to add unique meta tags for each URL on your site, and including them in the XML sitemap will make this process much easier. Just make sure that you carefully read through Google’s quality guidelines before doing so!
32. You can also increase your social media traffic by having a single main social media button that loads the same content across all platforms. This helps reduce bounce rates and makes it easier for people to connect with you.
33. Another way of increasing the amount of Facebook traffic to your website is by adding a Welcome Tab to encourage visitors to Like you on Facebook. You can also create a custom Welcome Tab to boost engagement on your page if it’s more than three months old by offering new visitors a chance to sample some of your posts before they Like you.
34. Did you know that the more Facebook likes, shares and comments that a post receives, the better it seems to Google? It’s true! If your Facebook page has lots of engagement, it will help you rank higher in Google when people search for the keywords that are related to your business.
35. It can be very helpful to use descriptive words within your meta title and description tags because this will help attract more visitors who are searching for these expressions on Google. This can be particularly useful if you’re selling a product that is in high demand.
36. Write your meta description tags with search engines in mind, because they are used to determine how many times your page is going to appear for certain keywords. The more text you use within these, the less likely it will be for people to click on your page from a Google search.
37. A great way of encouraging more people to share your Facebook posts is by using an engaging image that closely relates to what you’re sharing. You might also want to give the post a recognizable name that will help it rank for certain keywords, and this can boost your page’s engagement.
38. It’s a good idea to try and keep your Facebook posts under 100 characters as this will encourage people to leave comments on the post, which in turn increases engagement levels. If you’re tempted to go over that limit, shorten your words by using acronyms instead of spelling them out completely (e.g. “How to” instead of “How to”).
39. After a Facebook post has been shared, you can see how many times it’s been viewed and also the number of likes and comments that each user left on it. This information is very useful for your social media manager because they might want to engage with certain people to get more engagement for your page.
40. If you want to produce more engaging Facebook posts, it’s a good idea to use action verbs in the first sentence of your post. This will usually ensure that people are going to stay on your page for longer and could lead to higher social media conversions as well.
41. It’s important not to copy and paste the same post across all of your social media channels since this will reduce the amount of engagement that you get on each page. Instead, try to create unique posts for Twitter, Facebook, and Google+, and be sure to use different images for each platform.
Content marketing can be a powerful tool for increasing your website traffic, social media engagement, and SEO rankings. To optimize the performance of your content marketing strategy you should include unique meta tags on each URL to make it easier for Google search bots to index your site’s pages in their database.
You’ll also want to create engaging Facebook posts with descriptive words within them that are well under 100 characters so people will read them before they scroll past. Content Marketing Strategy may seem intimidating at first but when applied correctly it can boost both organic and paid traffic levels!