In the era, we belong to; nobody may remain behind by lacking communication skills, shows our communication skills all over our life. One gets a lot of opportunities to show one’s worth in grasping the language. However, it is reality, language is a tool by using language we convey our feelings, our thoughts, our emotions. In our jobs, one write professional letters. The human mind can be adapted the habits to improve communication skills all his life. Communication is a base of relations in our society. Success lies behind communication skills. In today’s market best communicator is considered the right champ for the business who may promote the owner’s business. Student equipped with the communication skill is considered the best student who interpret, convey, and explains his knowledge in the class floor; this skill keeps him prominent through his life. Learning communication skills is the utmost necessity of this period.
We all convey multiple messages in social media, but all are informal, only a few convey purposefully.
What is Communication?
The information delivered by one person to another by using various means like speaking, writing, graphical, physical sources to convey or receive a message from one person to another is called communication.
Types of Communication:
Communication has three categories:
Features of Communication:
These are called 7cs of communication called courteous, complete, clear, correct, concise, coherent, and concrete. If your communication does not consist of these seven features the message would be vague and unclear to the receiver if the message delivered based on these features it will deliver with complete effectiveness, this eliminates the space between individuals and targeted groups, and the understanding builds on information and effectiveness of your message.
Process of Communication:
1. Source: Communication originates from its sender or the communicator for the receiver.
2. Message: The generated information, idea, feeling or gesture intended to covey for its receiver.
3. Encoding / Decoding: Some messages are vague to understand, so they need to decode, and if the originator wants to preserve its privacy so the message will be encoded by the source or sender.
4. Feedback: The confirmation message by a receiver that he has received and decoded the message perfectly in its context that has been understood.
5. Noise: Any hindrance to grab the essence of the communication may drop the level of completion of the task, or it may be wrongly interpreted just because of bad voice due to many reasons like bad telephone connection, inactive, inattentive receiver, weak understanding power or receivers prejudices, these all component may hamper or delay the message just because of noise.
6. Media: a source through which your message delivers propagates or transmitted orally or in writing shape. Now the medium of communication has become a vast category, telephone, mobile, internet, post, fax, e-mail. It has further divided into print, electronic, broadcast media. Internet.
7. Receiver: The main person for whom this message delivered by the communication originator. The purpose of Communication could only be successful if the receiver with its appearance as well as superficial meaning.
8. Decoding: Message can be readable after decoding its process.
TIPS AND TRICKS TO IMPROVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
WAYS TO IMPROVE COMMUNICATION EFFECTIVITY:
1. Receiver’s capability of Interpretation of ideas as per senders mind.
2. The purpose of communication must, according to sender.
3. The grip on language, understanding power, tone of a receiver should be strong.
4. The receiver should exchange ideas to learn always; he should open to learning always.
5. Should have knowledge or grip to conceive communicator’s ideas.
6. Feedback is an important way to improve communication between both.
These barriers may restrict communicator to spread information to its receivers perfectly:
Effective communication can only occur if the sender and receiver perceive messages as it is as they conveyed.
These are the linguistics barriers which may prevent one to convey a message, feel that decoding is required in it, then this would be called a semantic barrier.
However, there are different interpretations of semantic barriers, but vague language having variant dialects and accents easily affect communication by understanding the message.
The state of mind impacts one’s communication if one has a psychological barrier in it. For example, an annoyed, anxious, and worried person cannot communicate easily. Hence it has
There are a few things about how one may manage its communication more effective:
The positive attitude of the speaker makes/delivers positive vibes even on the phone, and in return, people respond positively too.
The targeted language so that messages may deliver effectively with complete accuracy.
Pride may hamper the affectivity of message so avoid pride.
You may recheck/double-check the message to avoid carefree behaviour or to make correct the last draft of the message.
- Think before you speak:
- Adopt Noting down habit:
We need to understand how the brain process any information, good communication may mold someone’s opinion, and it convinces its target audience, good communication may stick a message in someone’s mind.
How to be the best communicator:
1. Don’t be nervous, rather nervousness is a trap where any communicator may clutch.
2. For conveying right messages, it is very important to read and write and regularly speak to attain the highest level of communication skills.
3. Don’t divert/digress from your point of communication.
4. You should be fluent in your communication.
5. Reading, Writing, Speaking and listening are four parts of communication, one have to grip each section:
6. Listen to British Broadcast Radios/podcasts
7. Try to grasp your tone and pitch of voice.
8. Body postures air the waves of confidence, always be mindful of your body postures. Shoulders should be down and back should be straight.
9. Learn to speak in mass public to stay away from any outer psychological impact.
10. By watching online tutorials, one may gain knowledge side by side may excel communication skills.
11. While writing keeps in mind to start your message from greetings.
12. Include signatures at the end of written communication.
13. Do not use abbreviations while writing formal letters and drafts.
14. Focus on keywords while listening and writing too.
15. Rise audio speed while listening recorded lectures to grip more, as we are aware, natives speak fluently.
16. Always read and listen carefully to reply or write an answer.
17. Always underline new words and make your own diary cum dictionary.
18. Read for gist.
19. Try to gather your own list of synonym and antonym
20. Skim and scan is also a technique for reading.
Demonstration after learning is very important so always keep your knowledge in practice after learning. One of the main key factors of any business downfall is bad communication. Adopting the best communication skills as above mentioned may improve one’s life. Communication can be seen both internally and externally, Always make sure that your communication lines are open all the time. As we know communication is a two-way process.
By adopting good communication skills at the workplace one may celebrate their team achievements. Teams celebrate the ceremonies of their target achieving goals. By propagating their ideas one may know that this idea is good for the company or not. Good communication skills improve employee-to-employee relationships which may excel the company’s overall performance.